Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random thoughts

I'm super tired today and not feeling well. I went and worked out anyways. Nothing much really, just lifted. Kind of pissed at myself for not running especially since last week I finally got myself back to 5K shape after 2 weeks (5 total days) of running. But at the same time, I didn't feel like getting on the treadmill and making myself even more tired. Maybe I'm a whimp or a quitter, but down here you need ALL the energy you can conjur up! I'm sitting here and writting this while both my kids are napping together and I should be napping too, but I am not. LAME.

Today on Facebook my good friend posted THIS website. It's for "Rookie training for a 5K". I'm so proud of her for making this goal!! She's going to make it, I know it! I'm a FIRM believer that a 5K is something ANYONE (with a few exceptions) can JOG a 5K. It turely is a feat anyone can accomplish. I mean look at all the Biggest Looser contestants that were 300+lbs and they run Marathons towards the end of their training!!! ANYONE can run a 5K. Find a great music mix and don't think about how much you hate running while you're doing it! Get lost in the music and the TIME you have to YOURSELF!! I don't know about you but when you become a Mom (or a DAD), time alone is limited- Heck I don't even get bathroom time alone most of the time.... Enjoy the 10, 20, 30 mins that you get ALONE in your own world when you're running!!

I'm going to challenge any of you reading this that if you've ever thought about doing a 5K, even just a fleeting thought, to DO IT!!!! Send me a picture of you at the finish line and I'll post it on here with lots of great compliments!! ;o)

On to my challenge... back to 10K shape here I come!

Happy running

2 comments:

  1. done and done. :O) I'm actually trying to get myself into shape to run a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! I'm glad something I did made you post on here :) Again I'm a slacker at reading this :) Sure love ya, hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete